Its a slow week at work...
With all the stuff going on lately - ticket changes, Bowden leaving/Paterno legacy, BB trending etc - I've been wondering what exactly I expect from my beloved university and what they should expect from me. Maybe something like a two way mission statement that doesn't come out all PC & douchebaggy. Success with honor, but more specific and defined.
Here's what I've come up with so far -
Penn State should expect me to:
- Support the academic, arts and athletic programs with investments of both time and money
- Actively demonstrate university pride while being a good ambassador
- Critically evaluate university actions to maintain and advance high standards
I should expect Penn State to:
- Provide the tools and opportunities for every student to excel in their chosen endeavors from football to physics
- Insist on high ethical standards for staff and students
- React swiftly and fairly to correct outliers in performance and perception throughout the university community