SI has a list of the top non-con games of the year. To no surprise USC/Ohio State is number 1. SI writer Stewert Mandel has a side bar for worst non conference schedule in the country. PSU...was not the worst...we finished at 2. For Pitt fans, make note that at nubmer 10, they consider you a weak game...
1. Ole Miss: (at Memphis, SE Louisiana, UAB, Northern Arizona)
2. Penn State: (Akron, Syracuse, Temple, Eastern Illinois)
3. Kentucky: (vs. Miami of Ohio, Louisville, La-Monroe, Eastern Kentucky)
4. Northwestern: (Towson, Eastern Michigan, at Syracuse, Miami of Ohio)
5. Texas: (La-Monroe, at Wyoming, UTEP, UCF)
6. Rutgers: (Howard, FIU, at Maryland, Texas Southern, at Army)
7. Duke: (Richmond, at Army, at Kansas, North Carolina Central)
8. Kansas State: (UMass, at La-Lafayette, at UCLA, Tennessee Tech)
9. Florida: (Charleston Southern, Troy, FIU, Florida State)
10. NC State: (South Carolina, Murray State, Gardner-Webb, Pittsburgh)
Side Bar: How is Michigan vs. Notre Dame a good non-con game? Michigan won 3 games last year with and has a Freshman QB and Notre Dame...hasn't had the star ratings working in their favor.