Seems I always have a casual fan or two near me at the game. Pretty much everyone in our row is a regular, but we always get treated to someone new every week in the seats behind us. Since the letters to the casual fan were such fun, I thought you may enjoy these. If you experienced the joy of a casual fan yesterday, please share. I must note that although casual, these fans were on time, cheered their little hearts out and were happy to be there, Even though they left in the beginning of the fourth (to "beat traffic", I assume).
- I LOVE THIS SONG! (Rock and Roll part 2)
- I'm glad Joe Paterno is here, didn't he break his leg last year?
- Which one is Joe Paterno (casual fan's wife)
- Remember that last time we came to a game? Was that five years ago, that was fun!
- Who is Graham Zug? (No Joke, they really said that)
- Cool! Livin on a Prayer!
- Wooley Bully makes me want to get up and dance (casual fan's friends wife. Full on dancing and singing to SHOUT also commenced)
- Who is the back up QB?
- Do we play Notre Dame this year?
In all seriousness, these folks had a great time and loved everything about the game, music and all. so even though I know RR was dying a slow death by Bon Jovi, four people from New Jersey had an awesome time yesterday, despite not knowing anyone on the roster