Traveled to Iowa with IowaWife for the game. Here are a few thoughts…
1. Fans were great. I didn’t have a problem at any point Friday or Saturday.
2. Stadium is Awesome, small, but classic looking brick exterior.
3. Homecoming parade sucked….
4. Iowa Alumni Band was great, I ran into them all night Friday going from bar to bar playing fight songs for tips and beer….lot of fun.
5. Tailgating was different. They had on campus lots with insane rules and cops everywhere. We were with friends in a private lot across from the stadium, this felt more like tailgating at home.
6. Angry at Penn State ticket office…..I tried several times to buy away tickets, including at the time I purchased my season tickets, and was told that we were sold out. I was then told by Iowa season ticket holders that Penn State returned over 1000 tickets to Iowa. I ended up getting tickets from friends, but I got lucky.
7. Disappointed in the # of Penn State fans. I have been to several away games and this was by far the least amount of Blue/White in the stadium.
8. The bumble bee stadium looked pretty cool…..fans were not happy when I compared them to Boise State.
9. Game Sucked. It would have been a lot more fun with a win.
10. Talked to some fans at airport Sunday that had some issues, but I was the only PSU fan for the majority of Friday night and walking through tailgate areas on Saturday and was treated fine.
You created a Fanpost! Any content from a premium site that requires a subscription will be deleted once we catch wind of it. If you simply want to share a link, quote, or video, please consider using Fanshots instead. Thanks.