So, Penn State's depth chart has been released, and for those of you looking for insight on the quarterback race well...I've got some bad news for you.
Matthew McGloin, Kevin Newsome and Robert Bolden are listed in that order but with a big "OR" next to both McGloin and Newsome's names. Translation? Any of the three could still start Saturday against Youngstown State, though McGloin might have a small edger being listed first.
- Garry Gilliam is your starting tight end. The oft-talked about Brett Brackett is no where to be found in that race.
- Anthony Fera has emerged from Joe Paterno's dog house to take over the top line at punter from Russell Nye.
- Chaz Powell has supplanted Stephon Morris at the starting right cornerback spot.
- Devon Smith is the No. 1 guy in the slot WR spot.
- Silas Redd not listed in the top five running backs.
- Offensive line is: LT Quinn Barham, LG DeOn'tae Pannell, C Doug Klopacz, RG Stefen Wisniewski, RT Lou Eliades.
- Chaz Powell and Devon Smith are tops on kick returns, Justin Brown and Drew Astorino on punt returns.
- Linebackers are OLB Nathan Stupar MLB Chris Colasanti OLB Bani Gbadyu