The whole "sky is falling in State College" thing is getting old. There are 119 other D1 teams and many are in difficult positions. This team (by team I am referring to the players only) is very young (over 60 Frosh/Soph) but fought through a lot of adversity throughout the year. They lost to UF, but were still in the game after the first four McFarve ints. This young PSU team (11 SRs) arguably played better than that UF team (31 SRs); it was some poor coaching, poor QB decision making, and poor containment on a few plays by the DEs that lost this game. We all knew that most likely two of the four QBs would leave, we just didn't think one would be Bolden. Now we have McFarve who has experience and Jones who will have 3 semesters under his belt. Do you think Bolden left because he was afraid of the 5 int terror (McGloin)? I doubt it; he left because of how the coaches handled the situation AND because of Paul Jones, or so I hope.
This post isn't meant to discuss PSU's woes, but to point out that many schools are having trouble of one kind or another. So please post below info you have and stories that you find about the troubles other schools are having. For instance:
1. the player suspensions and TP car fiasco at tOSU
2. the legal trouble and suspensions at Iowa3. the coaching issues as scUM and the potential of a Robinson transfer
4. the fact that USC still isn't Bowl eligible next year
5. the fact that Texas not only didn't make a bowl (and finished last in the division) but lost its "coach in waiting" to UF after firing its offensive coordinator
6. the fact that Pitt hired and fired a coach in less than two weeks
7. Stanford may lose both its #1 prospect QB and Coach
8. ND - a new coach, another poor season
Please read these and yours and realize change happens and this team is bigger than any player, coach, administrator, or game. It will move forward.