Two weeks from now, when Penn State is hopefully finalizing its pre-conference form with a rout of Eastern Michigan, I'll be in Ann Arbor attending the UM/San Diego State game (still looking for Marshall Faulk jersey, btw). Three reasons for this trip, before you chastise me for traveling to Michigan: 1) I won't have tickets to this PSU game, as my buddy and I swapped home cupcakes so that we could each take our old man to a game; 2) the UM/SDSU tickets are front row, and 3) it's the wife's five-year reunion, which gives me a great opportunity to talk smack on the Wolverines with a large crowd.
Additionally, though, the wife signed us up for a behind-the-scenes tour of the Big House. Hate the Wolverines if you like, I'm actually looking forward to this as I don't get to spend much time throwing the ball around on a college field. Anyway, I got an email from the wife today, outlining the things we're scheduled to do:
- Run through the famed tunnel onto the field
- Throw a touchdown pass across the goal line
- Kick a winning field goal
- Take your photo standing on the 50-yard line
- Spend time in the Michigan locker room
- You can even try on an actual Michigan helmet and shoulder pads
All of that is well and good, if you're a UM fan. So I was trying to think of things to add to the list, and need your help. If you had the chance to go on an all-access tour of a rival's home stadium, what would you do? Here are a couple things I'm pondering:
- Upper-deck the locker room bathroom
- Ask to see RichRod's office
- Wear an Ohio State shirt (would take extreme mental fortitude on my part not to rip it off and burn it)
Any other suggestions?