I'll have more information on each of Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week, in addition to any new commits that happen to come our way. But a quick couple of points heading into the final non-official Class of 2012 weekend.
- Skyler Mornhinweg is still a Penn State commitment...for now. Speculation is all over the place that he's committed to Florida, but this has not yet been confirmed by anyone I would consider a reputable source. UPDATE: NOW it's official - Mornhinweg has decommitted, flipped to Florida (maybe he didn't get the memo about where Urban Meyer is coaching these day).
- Evan Schwann (PA DE) is the lone visitor this weekend. He does not hold an offer as of yet, but I would expect a commitment exactly :02 after he receives an offer.
- If Mornhinweg does in fact decommit, and Schwann receives his offer and commits, our numbers stay the same, with 19 commitments and 84 scholarship players.
- As for the Rutgers fallout, I've heard Penn State is targeting some of their players, especially linemen, but don't expect there to be too much fallout. I've also seen that the recruits are banding together, so it's entirely possible that no one gets poached.
- The top two remaining targets, Demetrious Cox and Wayne Morgan: Cox is headed to Wisconsin this weekend and will then decide early next week (before Wednesday, as of now, is the plan) between four Big Ten team (PSU/OSU/MSU/Wisc); Morgan is a late player for Penn State, but it appears we're targeting the NY safety-to-be.
- All of the southern targets are out, including the Alabama LBs (Hankins, Harper), the MLK boys (Moore, Whitehead) and Carnell Boyd.
Again, we'll have more next week. Until then...