My wife actually has on her bucket list to go to games at all NFL and NBA stadiums. Yes, I’m very lucky. Of course she also has many other things on her bucket list so not all our vacations are around sports. My sports bucket list is shorter, go to all B1G football stadiums. This weekend we knocked three off our list--Purdue, Pacers, and Colts. We now have 24 down--49 to go.
A few observations from the weekend.
1) This was my first trip to a B1G school that doesn’t seem to have a "culture issue" similar to PSU (already have completed Michigan, tOSU, and Nebraska road trips). We were able to drive right up to the stadium about 90 mins before kick with hardly any traffic. Parked about a 3 wood away on the front lawn of the international student’s house for $15 (my Uncle who we met at the stadium said my car was probably on a boat to India)
2) If atmosphere at whiteout games are a 10, this game was about a 2.
3) About half the people who did show left at halftime. Hope is lost!
4) Purdue undergrad who I talked to after game felt sanctions against PSU were bogus, sighting Sandusky was not even part of team. Kuddos for not being a PSUer and knowing that.
5) Left West Lafayette around 7:30 PM, 30 min after tip off for Pacers-Kings. Got parked and to Field House with 6 mins to go in the game. $20 for the two of use to get in (nose bleeds but we went straight to lower bowl). Game went to double OT and the Pacers won. Money well spent.
6) Purdue undergrad next to us at Pacers game. She didn’t go to the football game, but she did know that PSU had to give back a bunch of wins. I did give her a 1 min dissertation on our self serving BOT and how the sanctions were bunk.
7) Colts game on Sunday. Andrew Luck
is awesome (433 yds).
8) Never have I seen so many people wearing the home teams garb at a game. Everyone in something Colts.
9) HS football coach from Champaign who sat next to me completely going off about PSU BOT for the way they treated Paterno. He said if the school was going to pull down his statue they should give Sue all the money back that they raised for the library. Nice thought!
10) Finally after 3-0 weekend my wife says "now if our Fantasy Football teams win it would be perfect". She won, I scored second highest in my league, but played against Doug Martin
. 4-1 not a bad weekend.
You created a Fanpost! Any content from a premium site that requires a subscription will be deleted once we catch wind of it.
If you simply want to share a link, quote, or video, please consider using Fanshots instead.