I'm listening to some Christmas music at work and you can't help but hear it any and everywhere you go and I realized a few things:
Every musical artist in the history of mankind has sung Frosty the Snowman. It must be in the language in their contracts. When multiple artists sing one song, they usually try to add their own flair to it, sort of like with the National Anthem. But oh no, not with Frosty. They all sound the exact same.
There has not been a Christmas song written/composed since around 1947. They are all just rearranged or tweaked a tad and then covered by a different artist every two or three years. I think this is scientific fact.
I heard the world's worst Christmas song ever made the other day. It was "The Little Drummer Boy" and it was sung by Justin Bieber and Busta Rhymes. Yes, that is correct. No that is not a typo. No it was not SWAGGY! Try to wrap your mind around that for a moment. Or don't. It was as horrible as you can imagine.
For your reading pleasure, I have listed the Top 10 Christmas Songs:
1. Christmas Song, Alvin and the Chipmunks
2. Run Run Rudolph, Chuck Berry
3. I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas, The Drifters
4. All I Want for Christmas is You, Vince Vance and the Valiants (mainly for the hair)
5. Snoopy's Christmas, The Royal Guardsmen
6. Santa Looked Alot Like Daddy, Garth Brooks
7. 12 Pains of Christmas, Bob Rivers
8. Jingle Bell Rock, Bobby Helms
9. Kung Pao Buckaroo Holiday, Brad Paisley
10. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, Gayla Peevey
What'd I miss? Discuss.
Best Christmas song ever?
Christmas Song (4 votes)
Run Run Rudolph (3 votes)
I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas (5 votes)
Snoopy's Christmas (5 votes)
Santa Looked Alot Like Daddy (2 votes)
12 Pains of Christmas (1 vote)
All I want for Christmas is You (2 votes)
22 total votes