Here's my problem with this email scenario....
1) At first, they were going to inform the 2nd MIle and Child Welfare
2) Then, upon further consideration, Tim recommends, after talking with Joe, to not inform Welfare, in order to first talk to Sandusky.
3) Spanier concurs, but warns that if Jerry did not HEAR THE MESSAGE, they were at risk for not reporting.
4) Obviously, in their minds, Jerry got the Message, so they did not report!
I cannot fault JoePa for suggesting to Tim that they should be upfront with a colleague that they had know for years, prior to contacting Child Welfare Services. But, they did not report the incident to Child Welfare, so apparently they effectively communicated something to Jerry that satisfied them.
I am trying to come up with THE MESSAGE given to Sandusky?
The conversation begins with...." We know you were accused in 1998 with nothing happening, and now Mike reports that he thought he saw you abusing a child in our showers, so, before we contact Child Welfare, as our legal people have advised us that we must, we wanted to chat with you to make sure that you get THIS MESSAGE......"
Please tell me what Spanier's Message could possibly be?
1) Stop abusing kids in our showers, or else?
2) Stop bringing guests to our showers, or else?
3) Stop abusing kids?
4) Get professional help, or else?
I have trouble completing this thought process, because any 'message' that I come up with seems to support the conspiracy theorists.
Thanks for your help with this issue. I hope someone will come up with something simple that makes sense.