Who doesn't love a good LJ coaching picture? LJ and DE Anthony Zettel, Aug 6, 2012; Mandatory Credit: Rich Barnes-US PRESSWIRE
After today's practice, Bill O'Brien spent about fifteen minutes answering questions from the media. While there was no earth shattering news, a few interesting tidbits did leak out:
- QB Steven Bench is stepping it up in preseason camp, beginning to challenge Paul Jones for #2 on the depth chart behind Matt McGloin. It's unclear whether this is a reflection on Jones, whom many observers described as inconsistent today, or simply Bench looking SECCOUNTRYAWESOME.
- Though he was held out of practice due to a minor injury, RB Derek Day is still the number two back behind Bill Belton, who continues to impress. Curtis Dukes looks physically massive and is improving.
- WR Shawney Kersey has been held out of camp due to his ankle, and freshman Trevor Williams has stepped up in his absence. Allen Robinson will be a beast.
- OT Donovan Smith is back to practice after being held out due to a slight injury.
- Adrian Amos should shift between CB and S; this is partially due to his innate awesomeness, partially due to the true freshman DBs looking good, and partially due to Malcolm Willis and Jacob Fagnano's lingering injuries.
- Punting is nicht so gut.
- One of the first things BOB and the coaching staff did when hired in January was game plan; he's been thinking about Ohio for seven months, as he alluded to in his coaches caravan stops.
The Big Ten Network was at today's practice, and will air their observations and some player and coach interviews tonight at ten on their Penn State preview show.
Follow @BSDtweet on Twitter
And join us on Facebook
All BSD community members should review our current Posting & Commenting Policies before creating any posts or commenting.