The discussion on the Rutgers thread about District 11 wrestlers got me to thinking. Here are the results.
Penn State wrestling roster by Pennsylvania district
- District 1 is represented by 7 wrestlers, Josh Rogers is from Pottstown but went to Valley Forge a prep school, I have included him.
- District 2 - zero wrestlers, this isn't surprising
- District 3 - 6 wrestlers, I am including Ed Ruth even though he finished up at Blair
- District 4 - 4 wrestlers all from Class AA
- District 5 - zero wrestlers not surprising since most of the schools in d-5 are small and many don't even have a team
- District 6 - 4 wrestlers - Centre County is in district 6
- District 7 a.k.a the WPIAL - 3 wrestlers
- District 8 - zero wrestlers d-8 is just the public schools in Pittsburgh
- District 9 - zero wrestlers, kind of surprising, there are some historic wrestling powers out there in the boonies
- District 10 - two wrestlers
- District 11 - one wrestler
- District 12 - zero d-12 is the Philly schools
The rest of the roster is made of single wrestlers from the following states, Indiana, New York, New Jersey, California, Nebraska, Utah, New Hampshire, Maryland, Ohio, and Nebraska.