Penn State released its most recent depth chart earlier today. To the surprise of few, the starting quarterback is still listed as 'OR' between Tyler Ferguson and Christian Hackenberg.
Some other noteworthy observations on the latest depth chart:
- The right tackle position is listed as Garry Gilliam OR Adam Gress, meaning Gilliam has adjusted well to his transition from tight end and could find himself as the full-time starter.
- True freshman Brandon Bell is listed as a second-team outside linebacker. The likelihood of Bell taking a redshirt season is now highly improbable.
- Adrian Amos is listed as a starter at safety, with the other starting safety listed as Malcolm Willis OR Ryan Keiser. Keiser must be having one hell of a camp to be considered for a starting position over Willis, who has three seasons of quality experience and performed admirably.
- Redshirt freshman Jake Kiley has been moved to wide receiver. This is a surprising move considering the quality depth at wide receiver and Kiley's performance in the secondary at the Blue-White Game.
- Bill Belton and Akeel Lynch are listed as the top two kickoff returners. Adrian Amos is not included in the list of five kickoff returners, meaning it's very doubtful we'll see him in that role at all this season.
Additionally, the following former run-ons have been awarded scholarships for the 2013-2014 season:
G Bryan Davie
DL Carl Nassib
CB Devin Pryor
DT Tyrone Smith
RB Deron Thompson
More from Black Shoe Diaries:
- MMQB Roundtable: Which QB Gets The Starting Nod On Saturday?
- 2013 Season Prediction Roundtable
- Only Nyeem Wartman Until Penn State Football
- BSD And Penn State Football: How To Make The Most Out Of The Season
Follow @BSDtweet on Twitter
And join us on Facebook
All BSD community members should review our current Posting & Commenting Policies before creating any posts or commenting.