If the team doesn't do enough to get an NIT invite (because it's a tall order to do so), do you think PSU should accept an invite to the CBI?
- The CBI has a minimum ticket guarantee, the amount a school pays to host a game: The guarantees are $35,000 for first-round games, $50,000 for the quarterfinals and $75,000 per game for the semifinals and the best-of-three finals
- It gives extra practices/gametime to teams, which is beneficial for younger teams that don't have many players graduating
- There have been more high-major teams accepting bids the past few years: Purdue, Texas, Oregon, Pittsburgh, Stanford, Washington, Oregon State
- Illinois has already stated that they will accept a bid if they don't get to the NIT
- Notre Dame has already stated that they will accept a bid if they don't get to the NIT