I know, I know. We've beat you guys over the head about it multiple times already (for the record, Jared and I have written about it here, and here, and here). We've even convinced some lovely members of the BSD community to shill on our behalf, most recently in the form of skarocksoi's lovely fanpost in which he gives the commentariat--and the greater Penn State community--10 reasons why they should preorder the magazine.
I'm here once again, taking a break from editing all of the text of the magazine that our crack staff has submitted, this time to give you my five reasons as you why you should hop over to our kickstarter page and make a pledge.
- It's not a donation--it's a purchase. You're actually buying something--the best Penn State preview magazine around, and one of the very few dedicated solely to the Nittany Lions. You get something back for your money, and that something is pretty awesome.
- The magazine will have exclusive content you won't find anywhere else. I'm definitely biased, but I know BSD is awesome. Let's be clear, though--this magazine isn't BSD, and BSD isn't this magazine. What you see here isn't what you'll get there, and vice versa. This isn't free content--it's so much more. And it's worth it, with stories by Mike Poorman, Lou Prato, Ben Jones, and Tim Tolley, as well as much of the current and former Black Shoe Diaries staff.
- Some of that content is amazing photos by Mike Pettigano. You guys remember Mike--he of the amazing on-field photography we've had over the years. He has numerous additional, unpublished photos of the 2013 (and 2014) teams--and those HD pics will be a part of the emagazine.
- You can get a Mauti-inspired t-shirt. I mean, seriously, who doesn't want one of these:
Even Mike himself is a fan (no joke, I practically swooned)!
- Lastly, it's super easy. We've linked it to Amazon, so as long as you have an amazon account, you don't have to give Kickstarter your information. And you don't get charged unless we make our goal.
As of the writing of this piece, we're 72% funded--or, about $3,500 shy of our goal. So, please, help us out--if you haven't already preordered the magazine, please do so now. And if you've already pledged, please forward the link to everyone you know who's a Penn Stater--your dad, your mom, your weird cousin you only speak to at weddings and christenings, even that mouth breather in the office down the hall who wore PSU cufflinks once but you're pretty sure is a closet Ugly.
Your help and support is much appreciated, and without you, there's no magazine. Thanks again for all of your support, and your preorders!