Links from around our digital world...
- You've seen the BSD Blogpoll ballot, and this past week the rest of the voters have posted their preseason looks. Brian ranked Penn State at #9 because he "can’t come up with anyone else to insert"...probably a fair comment. LTP agrees. Eleven Warriors calls Penn State a three loss team, ranked at #19. Interesting to note that all three have the Buckeyes ranked #1.
- Excellent fanpost bump over at BHGP on the merits of a good tailgate. Both the pride required for cold weather drinking and the stubbornness of a midwesterner's dedication to the pure have been captured, probably highlighted best by this line: "When you have ice in your drink despite there being no chance that it will melt due to the temperature, because dammit, beer should come from a cooler with ice."
- Everyone's favorite blog dedicated to Ohio State and Michigan banter, The Rivalry, Esq, has laid down the eleven things they want out of the 2008 season. At #4: "I want people to stop talking about Joe Paterno retiring." Also an interesting take on the recent troublemakers:
No Nittany Lion player has ever thought, "Hey, my coach is so old that he has forgot to instill discipline, F*** it, lets go break down a door and assault someone." Paterno's age just isn't relevant, only his results are.
- TINNOMJ answers the question we've all been asking ourselves for the last couple of weeks: what is a glorified wishbone? Complete with pictures.
- Oregon State experts Building The Dam took in a practice this week and decided the Beavers will either be "amazing, or crappy", which confirms my confusion about our week two opponent. They came in (essentially) #42 in the AP poll and were picked to finish sixth in conference by the media.