Men's volleyball middle hitter Max Holt brings home his second BSD Nittany Lion of the Week award of the season after outstanding performances against Harvard and Ohio State.
Against the Crimson, Holt hit a perfect 12-for-12 equalling match and season highs in kills. He also added two aces and two blocks for 15.0 total points as Penn State quickly dispatched Harvard in a three game sweep.
Against the #14 ranked Ohio State Buckeyes, Holt pounded eight kills on ten swings with just one error for a 0.700 hit percentage. He also had one assist and three blocks to score 10.0 total points.
For his efforts, Holt was named the EIVA Player of the Week for the sixth time in his career.
- Penn State Altoona professor Lee Ann De Reus is gaining national recognition for her fight against genocide.
- Talor Battle led Penn State with 21 points in the Nittany Lions' win over Minnesota.
- Track and Field star Bridget Franek earned her second Big Ten Athlete of the Week honor for posting an automatic qualifying time in the 5000 meter race.
- Male Gymnast Casey Sandy won Big Ten Athlete of the Week, and also won the Ken Giles Award presented to the amateur athlete of the year.
- Everyone involved with the women's basketball team deserves a commendation for their efforts to fight breast cancer.