After a weekend off, Penn State is back at it preparing for the Golden Gophers. Your highlights. (Transcript here)
- Eric Latimore could be out for the rest of the season with his wrist injury. Jack Crawford has yet to return to action yet, either, but could be back for next week against Michigan.
- Does not plan to use D'Anton Lynn at safety in the wake of the Nick Sukay injury.
- On former Minnesota coach Tim Brewster's termination: "I'm sorry to see it. I liked Tim. He's an easy guy to be around, an out-going guy. I worried a little bit about him in the sense that he built up expectations for the Minnesota people, and I think he underestimated just how long it was going to take. It takes a while to get a team together and probably more so this year than any other year because the Big Ten is tougher this year than it's been. It's really gotten tough."
- Blamed himself for what he felt was a lack of enthusiasm in Penn State's loss to Illinois.
- With a lot of time off over the bye week, Paterno hopes that translates to greater enthusiasm.
- Doesn't intend to worry about how Minnesota might react to its coaching change this week.
- Michael Mauti, Bani Gbadyu and Gerald Hodges should all be ready to play against Minnesota.
- Declined to call Minnesota a must win game.