For those of you just getting acquainted with ITBUUS, here's how it works: I ask opposing bloggers of teams on Penn State's upcoming football schedule a few general questions about their team: Some snarky, some not-so-snarky. They then write me back with clever responses. Sounds simple? That's because it is.
Anywho, reprising his role from last year (on LBU) as our Alabama Representative is Elliott Roberts from the Bama Sports Report. You can check out his responses after the jump...
1. Obviously, times are tough in Alabama given what has transpired in the last couple of months. How is the recovery process coming along? Do you feel that Bama fans/students will look to their football more than ever as a source of healing and moving back to normalcy similar to how Virginia Tech did in 2007?
BSR: Times are a bit rough in Tuscaloosa right now and the recovery is... well, slow but steady. Very few places have started outright rebuilding - there's still too much debris laying around in the area. I live in Tuscaloosa, and it still hurts my heart to drive through the areas where the storm hit. But, the outpouring of support from all over has been amazing.In the days right after the storm, there were cars and trucks from all over. I talked to a nurse from New Orleans who'd loaded up her Jeep with all the supplies it could carry and drove up the weekend after the storm. Folks from another Bama blog (rollbamaroll.com) organized a truck from California and stopped several places along the way to bring an 18-wheeler filled with relief supplies. Scores of stories like that are all over the place, and it's truly inspiring.
LIGHTNING ROUND: Time for a little word association. Name the first word(s) that come to mind for the following:
- Bear Bryant - Ain't never been nothing but a winner.
- Mike DuBose - Ain't never been a winner.
- Rammer Jammer - Yellow Hammer!
- JoePa - Legend.. wait for it... dary.
- Denzel Washington - Jay Pharoah's awesome impression [TIM'S NOTE: Damn! Thought I set him up perfectly for a 'Crimson Tide' reference.]
- Daniel Tosh - Hilarious asshole.
[TIM'S NOTE: Well, Elliott sure knows how to end these types of sessions on a high note. And by 'high note' I mean a swift kick to the PSU fan bases's crown jewels. We thank Elliott for his participation and wish 'Bama the best of luck this season..September 10th notwithstanding.]
Cross-posted from Linebacker-U.com.