I guess it takes a Big Ten Championship to finally get some recognition for this Lady Lions team. Maggie Lucas earned this honor more for her 28-point outing against Purdue earlier in the week, but also chimed in with a double-digit game in the Reagan-Smashing of Ohio State.
From the Big Ten release:
• Helped Penn State secure at least a share of the Big Ten Championship after averaging 20 points on the week and recording her first career double-double in the clinching win against Ohio State
• Scored a game-high 28 points, shooting 5-of-7 from 3-point range, to lead Penn State to a road win against nationally ranked Purdue on Thursday
• Recorded her first career double-double against Ohio State, scoring 12 points and pulling in 10 rebounds, securing a piece of the Lady Lions’ first Big Ten title since 2004 and the No. 1 seed in the Big Ten Tournament
• Claims her first career Big Ten Player of the Week honor
• Last Penn State Player of the Week: Tyra Grant (Jan. 27, 2009)
Be sure to become a fan of BSD on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter!