Chasz Wright enrolled at Penn State in January, and will get the benefit of spring and summer sessions before most of his 2014 classmates arrive on campus. The 6'6", 285lbs Woodbridge, VA product played both sides of the ball as a senior, lining up at DT and OT for Hylton. He chose to attend post-grad at Milford Academy in Connecticut last year, focusing on offensive tackle and the adjustment to college life.
After initially verballing to UConn, Chasz reopened his commitment when Huskies coach Paul Pasqualoni got the axe. Chasz briefly committed to Temple in late December, before taking that back, and making his way to State College just before the new year. This shows wisdom - sagacity, even. Precociousness.
Like most, if not all, O-line prospects, Chasz will need a little time to develop. But you can't teach 6'6" 300lbs, or the ability to move your feet while carrying it. Plus, one year excelling at a post-grad institution makes Chasz a safer bet than most.
247: 3* (#1 Prep player in New York, #3 Prep Offensive Tackle, #11 Prep player overall)
Congratulations, Chasz. Welcome to Penn State, enjoy your time, and make the most of it.
- National Signing Day 2014: Welcome to Penn State, Antoine White
- National Signing Day 2014: Welcome to Penn State, Tarow Barney
- Oh, Hello: AL DB Christian Campbell Commits to Penn State
- National Signing Day 2014: Welcome to Penn State, De'Andre Thompkins
- National Signing Day 2014: Welcome To Penn State, Michael O'Connor