Penn State men's basketball announced their finalized non-conference schedule today on their Instagram feed. Here's what the Nittany Lions will face this upcoming year:
- Nov. 14: vs. Morgan State
- Nov. 16: vs. Fordham
- Nov. 20-23: at Charleston Classic (other teams include Akron, Charlotte, Cornell, Drexel, Miami (FL), South Carolina, USC)
- Nov. 25: vs. Akron
- Nov. 28: at Bucknell
- Dec. 3: vs. Virginia Tech (ACC/B1G Challenge)
- Dec. 6: at Marshall
- Dec. 10: vs. Duquesne (#duqane)
- Dec. 14: vs. George Washington
- Dec. 20: vs. Drexel (at PPL Center in Allentown, PA)
- Dec. 22: vs. Dartmouth
Here is a picture of all the Instagram photos stitched together with additional facts if that interests you:
A couple interesting things to note in the schedule. It seems that the Lions could play Akron and Drexel each twice in the non-conference in 2014 which may not be the greatest idea. Virginia Tech looks to be the only power-conference opponent scheduled outside of whoever Penn State may draw in the Charleston Classic, although Bucknell and George Washington have put up respectable records over the past couple of seasons, the latter making the NCAA Tournament last season.
What are your thoughts on the schedule, folks? Will it provide a strong enough SOS for when tournament selection time comes around?