On Monday, the #BlackShoePodcast went LIVE to talk about the breaking news on sanction reduction. But #BSP is, first and foremost, about college football - so forget all that meta stuff, because today we're talkin' #BigTenPowerhouseRutgers! Adam (@AdamCollyer), Cari (@NotCarlotta), and Bill (@bflip33) get back in the virtual studio in Brooklyn in advance of Saturday night's prime time matchup in Piscataway, where the Nittany Lions take on the Scarlet Knights in Big Ten Powerhouse Rutgers' first foray into the Big Ten Conference. Today, your hosts are joined by fellow Jersey resident and BSD recruiting specialist Nick "Chris" Polak (@BSDRecruiting, @TheREALNPolak) to talk smack on the team from the Garden State, expectations, and predictions for this weekend.
- A surprised Bill finds a snake in his basement and hits it with a copper pipe in the beginning of the podcast. Seriously. Adam compares it to the smackdown that Penn State will deliver to Rutgers on Saturday night. Seriously.
- The guys compliment defensive coordinator Bob Shoop on a job well done last weekend against the Akron Zips. Cari rages about the 3-2-6 defense. Bill tries to talk her off the ledge. Adam thinks last week's defense was designed and called by the Ghost of Tom (Joad?) Bradley.
- Everyone thinks Christian Hackenberg's trying to hard. Everyone is concerned about the running game. Lather, rinse, repeat.
- Adam, Bill and Nick relay their stories about growing up in New Jersey and the impact (or lack thereof) that Rutgers had upon them. Plenty of snark to add some heat to the rivalry. Cari doesn't even remember the 2006 Louisville game, which is pretty unbelievable.
- Everyone gets down to business to dissect the game. Picks are made, and they're much more realistic than the rivalry trash talk.
All that and much more on this week's episode of the #BlackShoePodcast!
Thanks as always to www.podcastthemes.com for our free theme!