James Franklin calls every home game a family reunion, but this is the one that's actually recognized as one! It's Homecoming Week for Penn State, and the Nittany Lions take to the field at Beaver Stadium to celebrate against the Wildcats of Northwestern! Adam (@AdamCollyer), Cari (@NotCarlotta), and Bill (@bflip33) get back in the virtual studio in Brooklyn through the magic of BlogTalkRadio to discuss the last weekend's satisfying victory against the UMass Minutemen, Penn State's running game getting on track, the defense's stellar performance, and this week's noon kickoff on BTN!
Some fun things to note:
- Adam calls this the "real" start of the B1G season for Penn State. #BTPR. #Rivalry.
- The defense looks continues a streak of dominant performances, and Cari again has no complaints! Adam thanks Bob Shoop for not forcing him to spend money on a customized #Frohnapfel jersey. How great is Anthony Zettel, statistics be damned?
- Slow start aside, the offense came to play. What's become of Zach Zwinak? And how good did DJ Crook look in relief?
- How satisfying was this victory? What does it portend for the rest of the year, if anything?
- Bill raises our hypothetical of the week - what becomes of Michael O'Connor and Trace McSorley once star quarterback prospect Brandon Wimbush enrolls?
- Everyone's pretty down on Northwestern without Venric Mark.
- The spread for this weekend's game against Northwestern is PSU -10.5, with a 45 O/U. Adam asks for predictions - straight up, with the spread, and whether we clear the over/under.
- Cari praises the new scoreboard, Adam praises the Big Ten, and Bill fears Indiana.
Thanks as always to www.podcastthemes.com for providing our intro!