After much debate, we decided to expand the list of nominees for the best play of the 2014 Penn State football season to 10. Of course, we could have made this list much larger, but ultimately these were the plays that made us feel the strongest feels this year. First, here's the Gary Nova GIF:
That had nothing to do with Penn State but it was dope as hell.
Ok, now! Here we go. Here are your 10 nominees for the Play of the Year:
- Geno Lewis's 79-yard touchdown catch vs. UCF
- Sam Ficken's game-winning field goal vs. UCF
- Geno Lewis's catch-and-run in the fourth quarter vs. Rutgers
- Anthony Zettel's pick-six vs. Ohio State
- Christian Hackenberg's touchdown pass to Saeed Blacknall vs. Ohio State
- Bill Belton's 92-yard touchdown run vs. Indiana
- Jesse Della Valle's interception vs. Temple
- Chris Godwin's touchdown grab vs. Boston College
- Akeel Lynch's Beast Mode run vs. Boston College
- Kyle Carter's touchdown and Sam Ficken's game-winning PAT vs. Boston College
Now, the important thing with this category -- other than you waste time at work by watching all of these -- is to define "best play" however you want. It can be the most impressive play, the most important play, the funnest play, whatever. It's all on you.
Make sure you vote in the poll below, and if there are any other plays that should have been included, link to them in the comments.