A loss is always tough to handle, particularly in prime time against a team from a neighboring state. That said, there were plenty of positives to be drawn from last weekend's loss to the Ohio State Buckeyes. This week on the #BlackShoePodcast, Adam (@AdamCollyer), Cari (@NotCarlotta) and Bill (@bflip33) are back in our brand new virtual studio thanks to Nittany Lion Sports Radio (a VSporto channel) breaking down Saturday's loss to Urban Meyer's three quarterback offense and the potential that Penn State showed in the face of defeat.
Make sure you go onto your app store and download the official app of our channel, now available for both Apple and Android products! It's searchable under the name, "Nittany Lion Sports Radio."
- Some Star Wars talk early, so, you know...
- Big offensive plays by Chris Godwin, Christian Hackenberg, and DaeSean Hamilton helped the Nittany Lions jump out ahead to an early lead, but there was promise for much more than 3-0. What stopped the Lions from putting more points on the board?
- Let's talk holding in the Big Ten, featuring Brian Gaia and the fact that Ohio State hadn't been called for holding since 2013 - a remarkable statistic. Also, Joey Bosa is outstanding.
- The hosts talk about Saquon Barkley's effect on the offense.
- The defense had a tough go and showed some tackling issues, but Carl Nassib remains outstanding. Could the Nittany Lions figure out a way to stop JT Barrett, Ezekiel Elliott, Braxton Miller, or even Cardale Jones?
- How did the play calling look on Saturday? What was missing from the offense?
- All that and much more, only on the #BSP!