The feeling is bittersweet on this week's #BlackShoePodcast. Adam (@AdamCollyer), Cari (@NotCarlotta) and Bill (@bflip33) are back in our brand new virtual studio thanks to Nittany Lion Sports Radio (a VSporto channel) breaking down the Nittany Lions struggles against the Army Black Knights and this week's Homecoming match-up against the Indiana Hoosiers.
Make sure you go onto your app store and download the official app of our channel, now available for both Apple and Android products! It's searchable under the name, "Nittany Lion Sports Radio."
- It's not that Bill and Adam don't love Cael Sanderson and the Penn State Wrestling program. They just like a little more pomp and circumstance. Or, rather, a little bit of flair...
- No one is particularly happy with the performance against the Black Knigths, and it feels like one step forward, two steps back. Awful weather, rough offensive performance.
- What was Penn State's mindset going into this game? Was it this a case of taking Army for granted? Or is this symptomatic of something more problematic?
Nick Scott, Johnathan Thomas, and Mark Allen will all become fine running backs, but the Nittany Lions really miss the playmaking ability of Saquon Barkley.
- What happened to the passing offense that made an appearance against San Diego State? With Penn State's best offensive player out, why decide to rely on three inexperienced freshmen?
- Shouldn't we have seen Trace McSorley in this game? Why did was Christian Hackenberg subjected to more sacks and QB hits?
- The offensive line is better, but has part of that been playcalling? How inconsistent is the offensive line?
- "We have to get more comfortable taking shots downfield" is getting really old, really quick. When ever is John Donovan going to feel comfortable throwing the ball more than 5 yards from the line of scrimmage?
The defense played relatively well, but the reserves struggled against the triple option.
Carl Nassib and Jason Cabinda recording 3 sacks against a team that rushes 95% of the time? Nice.
- A preview of this weekend's game against the Hoosiers. How in the world is the line favoring Penn State by 6.5? Will the Nittany Lion defense be able to hold the Indiana offense at bay? Can Penn State's offense put together a new performance?
- Finally, the hosts talk about all of the discussion about new and refurbished athletics facilities. Renovations on tap, or a brand new Beaver Stadium? A replacement for the BJC?
We're thrilled that you continue to support us and are excited to bring you even more on-demand audio content about Penn State sports this year! Be sure you're following @BlueWhiteRadio on Twitter, which will give you access to ALL of VSporto's Penn State podcasts the second they are available! Give a follow to @vsporto themselves as well, as it might help you find another podcast to enjoy!