As we all know, yesterday was National Signing Day, in which Penn State locked up one of the best recruiting classes in America. The Nittany Lions' 2015 class was the No. 14 class in America, according to 247 Sports, and it featured a bevy of fantastic players. You can check out the guys James Franklin signed here.
To celebrate the special occasion, we decided to come together and bang out a special podcast! It's more than two hours long, and features hot take purveyors Bill DiFilippo (@bflip33), Matt de Bear (@PSUMatt2005) and Nick Polak (@TheREALNPolak). Here are some of the things they talked about:
- The 2015 class, which is one of the best in school history. The guys break it down from just about every angle you can imagine. What do all of the commits bring to the table? Who will be the biggest stars? Who are the hidden gems who can go on to have great careers in Happy Valley?
- The guys think that some players in the 2015 class have the potential to step in and play right away.
- Nick talks about some of the things Penn State could potentially do with the remaining two scholarships it has on hand.
- All of this talk about true freshman leads to Bill asking about the redshirt freshmen from the class of 2014. Matt and Nick tell you which guys should get you really, really excited.
- Since recruiting never stops, the trio looks at the class of 2016. It has the potential to be the best class in school history. Seriously.
All of this, and more! Here's the pod:
Also, if you're into reading things while you listen to podcasts, here's Nick's piece about the new era in Penn State recruiting. It was pretty good.