Everyone loves shows like Hard Knocks, because it gives you an inside look and perspective into teams that you don't normally get. Shows like that are especially great when they give fans a chance to watch their favorite team.
If you're a Penn State fan who loves shows in the style of Hard Knocks, good news: Unrivaled: The Penn State Football Story, which was nominated for a Mid-Atlantic Emmy Award in 2013, is coming back this year. This is the fourth year that the program will air, and this season will debut on Thursday, Sept. 3. According to GoPSUSports, "The program will provide a fast-paced, intimate look inside the Nittany Lion football program. It will include a look at game week preparation, an all-access look at the coaching staff and visits with selected players on and off the field throughout the season."
Unrivaled: The Penn State Football Story will be produced by WPSU Penn State, and the final episode of the weekly series will air during the week of Thanksgiving. Here is a list of the outlets that will carry the program, along with information on when it will air:
- WPSU-TV, Ch. 3 (State College/Central Pa.) - Friday, 9 p.m.; Saturday, 11 a.m.
- WPSU PBS World (State College/Central Pa.) -- Friday, 6:15 p.m.
- WTAJ-TV, Ch. 10/32 (State College/Altoona/Johnstown) -- Friday (9/4) at 7 p.m.; remainder of the season Thursday, 7:00 p.m.
- WFMZ-TV (Allentown/Northeast Philadelphia) -- Saturday, 12:00 a.m. (ch. 69); Saturday, 11:30 a.m. (ch. 69.4)
- MASN (Baltimore-Washington, D.C.) - Thursday, 10:30 p.m. WFXP-TV, Ch. 66 (Erie) - Saturday, 6:30 a.m.
- WLYH-TV (Harrisburg/Lancaster/Lebanon/York) -- TBA (ch. 15); Saturday, 11:00 a.m. (EHP MyNet 21.2)
- CSN-Philadelphia (Philadelphia/New Jersey) - Thursday, 11 p.m.
- Root Sports (Western Pa./Eastern Ohio/West Virginia) - Friday, 4 p.m.
- WNEP2 (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre) - Thursday, 9:30 p.m.