College football returns tonight, Penn State is back on the gridiron on Saturday afternoon, but the #BlackShoePodcast (game week edition) returns NOW! Adam (@AdamCollyer), Cari (@NotCarlotta) and Bill (@bflip33) are back in our brand new virtual studio thanks to Nittany Lion Sports Radio, a VSporto channel, to talk all things football as the Nittany Lions return to the friendly confines of Lincoln Financial Field to battle the Temple Owls in the season opener!
Make sure you go onto your app store and download the official app of our channel, now available for both Apple and Android products! It's searchable under the name, "Nittany Lion Sports Radio."
- The gang has mics that work well! And a producer! And actual theme music!
- Everyone's excited for the season to kick off. Adam talks about the solid games that bookended the 2014 season and wonders if we're likely to see that Penn State, or the Penn State that existed in the "soft middle" of last year's schedule.
- Bill discusses how this coaching staff, when offered significant time, is able to put together excellent game plans. Adam and Cari both note the resemblance between this quality and that of another former long time Penn State football coach.
- Everyone is excited about the skill position players! Everyone is slightly nervous about the offensive line! Everyone is convinced that the defense is going to be dominant!
- Bill unsuccessfully tries to say the names of Temple players. It's unfair, he got the hard ones. He does sound like he knows what he's talking about, though.
- Akeel Lynch had a monster game against the Owls stout defense last year, picking up 130 yards on the ground. Bill Belton chipped in an impressive 92. Can Akeel repeat his performance? Who's taking over the second depth chart spot? Saquon Barkley? Mark Allen? Johnathan Thomas? Nick Scott?
- How does Christian Hackenberg rebound from a rough performance against the Owls last year?
- The hosts make their picks!
We're thrilled that you continue to support us and are excited to bring you even more on-demand audio content about Penn State sports this year! Be sure you're following @BlueWhiteRadio on Twitter, which will give you access to ALL of VSporto's Penn State podcasts the second they are available! Give a follow to @vsporto themselves as well, as it might help you find another podcast to enjoy!