1. Penn State Nittany Lions (7-0, 4-0)
Oh, what a night. The atmosphere inside Beaver Stadium was unmatched Saturday night, as the Nittany Lions made easy work of Michigan. Penn State will be right back at it though, with a trip to Columbus on the horizon.
2. Ohio State Buckeyes (6-1, 4-0)
The Buckeyes were off as they await for their biggest game of the season. The winner of the Penn State-Ohio State game will be in the driver’s seat for a College Football Playoff berth.
3. Wisconsin Badgers (7-0, 4-0)
Another Saturday, another easy victory for the Badgers. Illinois is up next before the schedule gets a little tougher — @Indiana, Iowa, and Michigan.
4. Michigan State Spartans (6-1, 4-0)
The Spartans might not be doing it pretty, but they still find themselves undefeated in Big Ten play. The next three games — @Northwestern, Penn State, and @Ohio State — will make or break Michigan State’s season.
5. Michigan Wolverines (5-2, 2-2)
Jim Harbaugh and Co. have Rutgers, Minnesota, and @Maryland before finishing the year with @Wisconsin and Ohio State. 8-4 looks extremely likely for the Wolverines.
6. Northwestern Wildcats (4-3, 2-2)
The Wildcats knocked off Iowa 17-10 in OT. I said this earlier this year, but Northwestern continues to be weird.
7. Iowa Hawkeyes (4-3, 1-3)
I know Iowa’s M.O. is being consistently inconsistent, but I do wonder how the Hawkeyes’ year turns out if they were able to hold on and knock off Penn State.
8. Indiana Hoosiers (3-4, 0-4)
Having Indiana ranked this highly without a conference win might seem silly, but just look at the teams below the Hoosiers. It’s hard to make a justification that any other team deserves to be here more than Indiana.
9. Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-4, 2-2)
UCF is legit, folks.
10. Rutgers Scarlet Knights (3-4, 2-2)
I can’t believe Rutgers is this high.
11. Purdue Boilermakers (3-4, 1-3)
12. Maryland Terrapins (3-4, 1-3)
With Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State still on the docket, things are only going to get worse before they get better for the Terrapins.
13. Minnesota Golden Gophers (4-3, 1-3)
The Golden Gophers defeated Illinois 24-17 on Saturday in a matchup that I can’t imagine anybody else watched outside of those two fan bases.
14. Illinois Fighting Illini (2-5, 0-4)