We’ve heard so much about the prevalence of fake news- excuse me, FAKE NEWS- since the last April Fools Day, it’s taken the steam out our annual day of fun where we would write something ridiculous before letting you know that it was all a ruse and everything is A-OK. We’re not going to muddy the waters any further today. Instead, enjoy these actual facts about Penn State:
- Penn State Football is the reigning Big Ten Conference champions.
- Penn State Hockey is the reigning Big Ten Conference champions.
- Penn State Wrestling may not be the reigning Big Ten Conference champions, but they are the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.
- Saquon Barkley and Trace McSorley will enter the 2017 as preseason Heisman candidates.
- James Franklin currently has the nation’s 2nd-ranked recruiting class for 2018.
- Penn State heads into the 2017 ranked #3 by Sports Illustrated.
- Mike Gesicki had the most receptions EVER for a Penn State tight end in a single-season in 2016, after hauling in 48 passes.
- Penn State will return 16 starters in 2017, tops in the Big Ten.
- And finally....Penn State defeated THE Ohio State University with an epic 17-0 performance in the fourth quarter.
Happy April, everyone!