During the past two weeks, we’ve spent time discussing reasons to be optimistic (and also concerned) about Penn State in 2017. We’re just a few days away from kicking off our countdown to the upcoming season (!!!!!!!!!), so now is the time to really start to look forward to the fall and the journey we’ll be taking along with the Nittany Lions set to begin on Sept. 2 in Beaver Stadium against the Akron Zips.
Penn State fans will have high hopes for this team, but what is the biggest reason you are optimistic about the Nittany Lions in 2017? Could it possibly be:
- potentially having the nation’s best player in Saquon Barkley?
- another season of Joe Moorhead’s offense, which should be more advanced in year two?
- a Heisman darkhorse who will be in his second season as the starting quarterback?
- a deep and talented defensive line that is full of big-time prospects waiting to show what they can do?
- potentially the best offensive line Penn State has fielded in a decade or more?
- Jason Cabinda and Marcus Allen leading the defense?
- depth and talent spread throughout the roster after welcoming several outstanding recruiting classes since 2014?
...and the list could go on. So what say you, BSD reader? What’s the biggest reason you are optimistic about Penn State Football heading into 2017?