Friday, mid-day. You’re puttering along thru life at 35mph in low 3rd gear, mindlessly trying to make the weekend.
Well no longer, friend. Double-clutch to 2nd, stomp the throttle, and rip that tach to redline as you listen to four ugly white dudes having a blast in 1980, because being born ugly wasn’t a musical felony in those days. Video did indeed murder the radio star.
Ministere des Sports - Subcommittee de Massif (futbol l’americain)
- PennLive catches up with incoming linebacker Charlie Katshir at Big 33 practice, and the CV star is looking jacked - perhaps, even, big enough to allow Micah Parsons to slide outside? (Judgement call).
- LandOf10, although slated for blog execution at the end of the month, continues cranking out excellent content. Here’s a story on PSU RB coach JaJuan Seider, who was a more highly rated QB prospect than Tom Brady in the 2000 NFL Draft.
- Our guy Greg Pickel explains how the NCAA’s new transfer and redshirt rules will benefit Dear Old State.
This post is made available by the generous financial support of Enoz brand moth balls. Enoz kills not just moths, but their eggs and larvae. Ask your local five-and-dime for genuine Enoz brand moth balls - now available in three fresh new scents!
- Final X is this Saturday at Rec Hall. Three more spots on Team USA will be decided on the mat. Grab your ticket now, and watch PSU favorite David Taylor steamroll Nick Reenan at 86kg (189lbs). Can’t make it? Here’s a link to the Flo boys’ coverage.
- We’re opponents on the recruiting trail, but Virginia Tech is our partner in the classroom. PSU and the elite Hokies (along with PSU-Altoona and Lehigh) will be splitting $2.5M from the federal gov’ment to research “improving the durability” of transportation infrastructure. The schools announced they’ll immediately be allocating $1.75M of funding toward the purchase of thousands of gallons of ‘Flex Seal’, the TV infomercial rubberized adhesive product. “Well, we got a hunch, and we’re putting a lot of our eggs in the Billy Mays basket,” explained project leader Biff Beefman, associate professor of material sciences at Virginia Tech.
- Enjoy your weekend, BSD. Here’s Denis Leary.