LIONS AT OPENING FINALS
Nike’s The Opening camp finals start today in Frisco, Texas, and (*radio voice*) your Penn State Nittany Lions (*end radio voice*) are well-represented with RB Devyn Ford, OG Caedan Wallace, DT Hakeem Beamon, and LB Brandon Smith all on Team Elite.
Joining the four Penn State commits on Team Elite is Florida wideout John Dunmore who took an official visit to Happy Valley earlier this month.
There are five other teams at The Opening, with a number of Penn State prospects on each squad.
- Team Boomin’: RB Eric Gray and OG Kardell Thomas
- Team Dynamite: APB Chris Tyree (2020), DE Bryan Bresee (2020), DE Zach Harrison (2020, LB Lance Dixon, DB Nick Cross
- Team Hype: WR Cornelius Johnson, TE Jahleel Billingsley, and LB Mekhail Sherman (2020)
- Team Impact: RB Noah Cain and CB Jaden Davis
- Team Overdrive: RB Kenny McIntosh and CB Tyrique Stevenson
PENN STATE AT RIVALS FIVE-STAR CHALLENGE
Before heading out to The Opening, Penn State commits Brandon Smith and Devyn Ford — as well as DB Tyler Rudolph — took part in Rivals’ Five-Star Challenge. Also in Atlanta for the event was OG Saleem Wormley, WR John Dunmore, and DE Adisa Isaac.
Ryan Snyder of BWI has a bunch of other tweets and videos of the action that you can see on his timeline here.
PENN STATE MAKES THE CUT FOR ELITE 2020 DEFENDERS
Five-star DE Bryan Bresee and four-star DT Tre Williams dropped a Top 15 and a Top 10 respectively, with the Nittany Lions making the cut for both.
It’s still early for both, but I think Penn State would safely be in the top five for each. Both have been to Happy Valley multiple times already, and should be back in the fall.