Ah ****, here we go again! It’s time to put our [fake] money where our mouth is; week one of the old new, hopefully-improved Black Shoe Degenerates. This week is a light week, as there are only two games on the docket. But one of those is between two teams that hope to accomplish big things this season, so let’s get right to it!
Here’s a quick reminder of the rules:
- Everyone starts out with 1000 fake dollars.
- You bet based on American rules (a spread bet costs 10% unless otherwise noted).
- If you win, you get what you put down plus your winnings. If you lose, you lose.
- If you run out of money, you’re out of luck. To keep going, you need to borrow money. However, instead of borrowing from me, you have to borrow from your fellow participants! This means whoever you borrow from can ask to be paid back whenever they want, and they set the terms of your loan! For this exercise, “terms” means “how much interest to charge, up to 15% (one-time fee).” Once you take out a loan, if you have enough money to cover it, you must pay it back as soon as your lender requests payment.
- Picks are locked when you place them, even if the line goes up/down afterward.
- You can make your picks up until the start of a game, or Saturday at noon, whichever comes first. Tuesday/Wednesday games will not be included.
- If you don’t make any picks for a given week, you get docked 100 dollars for the week.
- After four consecutive weeks of not making any picks, you balance is set to zero and you are disqualified from competition for the season.
- Person with the most money at the end of the season wins.
- Minimum bet amount is 10% of your total stash. For example, if your stash is 1000 and I have four games on the board that week, you can make four 25-dollar picks.
Miami +7 (-105) vs Florida - Florida made a NY6 game last season, walloping Michigan to end their season. Miami, on the other hand, was walloped by Wisconsin to bookend their mediocre season. Still, I don’t see last season’s stark contrast having much effect on this game. First game for both teams, rivals, new tools on both sides, this screams “close game” to me. $75
Arizona -11 @ Hawaii - Can Kevin Sumlin build on what he had last season? Can Hawaii? We shall see! There will be a lot of points scored in this game most likely, but I like Arizona to separate by the end. $25
Last Week: N/A
Register here if you haven’t already. Registration closes Next Thursday.