clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Big Ten Preview - Week 4

New, 114 comments

Now we start to get into Big Ten play for real!

Week three was unkind to most of the Big Ten, as several teams lost, and even more looked pretty bad in close wins. Let’s see what we’ve got for week four! I’ll be making weekly picks straight up, so read on, make your own picks, and see if you know better than me!

#11 Michigan (2-0, 0-0 Big Ten) at #13 Wisconsin (2-0, 0-0)

Madison, WI

Saturday, September 21st, 12:00 PM

Line: WIS -3.5

And we have our first victim of the idiotic noon kick for Fox’s best game of the week. Because who would want to see a top 15 matchup at Camp Randall at night, right? So incredibly dumb. So Wisconsin hasn’t played anyone as good as Michigan yet, but they have looked really, really good. I think they cover without much issue, and the Wolverines take their first loss on the season.

Wisconsin 27, Michigan 14

UConn (1-1) at Indiana (2-1)

Bloomington, IN

Saturday, September 21st, 12:00 PM

Line: IND -27

Well this sounds like a super entertaining game, doesn’t it? Indiana should roll, though I’m not sure that they cover.

Indiana 42, UConn 17

Michigan State (2-1, 0-0) at Northwestern (1-1, 0-0)

Evanston, IL

Saturday, September 21st, 12:00 PM

Line: MSU -9.5

How in the world is MSU a 9.5 point favorite? Can MSU even score 10 points? Northwestern didn’t look great in its first two games, but I have a hard time thinking the Spartans are going to dominate them. Sparty for the close, ugly win.

Michigan State 17, Northwestern 14

Boston College (2-1) at Rutgers (1-1)

Piscataway, NJ

Saturday, September 21st, 3:30 PM

Line: BC -7

Zzzzzzzzz. BC wins.

Boston College 24, Rutgers 10

Miami (OH) (1-2) at #6 Ohio State (3-0)

Columbus, OH

Saturday, September 21st, 3:30 PM

Line: OSU -39

I can’t be the only one that enjoys it when teams play other in-state teams. If only the Buckeyes could also throw in Ohio and Toledo! Ryan Day and Co. win an easy one.

Ohio State 42, Miami (OH) 7

Nebraska (2-1, 0-0) at Illinois (2-1, 0-0)

Champaign, IL

Saturday, September 21st, 8:00 PM

Line: NEB -13

Goodness, another boring game. Illinois managed to lose to EMU and struggled with UConn, so I guess I’ll go with the Cornhuskers? But this game doesn’t deserve primetime billing (THANKS AGAIN FOX).

Nebraska 28, Illinois 17

Bye Week

#13 Penn State (3-0), Maryland (2-1), Minnesota (3-0), #18 Iowa (3-0, 1-0), Purdue (1-2)

Penn State, Iowa, and Minnesota all looked ugly in wins, while Maryland and Purdue looked ugly in losses. Everyone is ugly! Does that mean everyone is beautiful?

Not a bad week 3 overall, but I should have listened to my gut on Arizona State and Eastern Michigan. My season is still looking solid so far:

Week 3: 6-3

Season: 29-4

So, who ya got in week four?