As we get closer to the 2021 NFL Draft, taking place from April 29th until May 1st, let’s look at where our beloved former Nittany Lions are predicted to end up according to various gurus.
Here’s a link to our late February post
Draft sites used: ESPN (Kiper/McShay), NFL Network, CBS Sports, Pro Football Network, Sporting News, PFF
Micah Parsons: 7th, 9th, 12th, 15th, and 26th
- Micah is still 15th to the Patriots according to Todd McShay’s newest draft (March 4th). Check out the first post in this series for more of the praise McShay gave to the linebacker.
- Kiper’s February 25th mock draft moves Micah to the Lions, not at 7, but at 12 after they trade with San Francisco.
- Chad Reuter’s March 5th draft places Parsons in Detroit at 7.
- Pro Football Network’s March 6th draft has Micah 9th to the Broncos.
- CBS Sports’ March 4th draft changes their prognostication for Parsons to the Patriots at 15.
- Sporting News’ March 1st mock sticks with the Patriots at 15.
- Pro Football Focus’ March 1st simulation has Parsons slipping all the way to Cleveland at 26.
I am confused. PFF’s reasoning is apparently due to their belief that Parsons is not as skilled when it comes to run defense...
Jayson Oweh: 22nd, 26th, 28th, 30th, 38th
- Oweh is still picked 38th by Chad Reuter.
- CBS Sports changes their selection to Tennessee at 22.
- Kiper has Oweh in New Orleans at 28.
- Oweh is now picked to go to Cleveland at 26, according to Sporting News.
- Pro Football Focus now puts Oweh 30th to the Bills.
Pat Freiermuth: 44th, 47th
- Reuter now has Freiermuth 47th to the Chargers.
- CBS Sports puts Free Moose in the second round to Dallas.
No new moves for either Shaka Toney or Michal Menet.
A few positive moves this week, but several drafts where our guys drop. It will be interesting to see how late March’s draft roundup will look...