As we get closer to the 2021 NFL Draft, taking place from April 29th until May 1st, let’s look at where our beloved former Nittany Lions are predicted to end up according to various gurus.
Draft sites used: ESPN (Kiper/McShay), NFL Network, CBS Sports, Pro Football Network, Sporting News, PFF
Italics denotes new pick selections
Micah Parsons: 7th, 9th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 15th, 17th, 21st, 29th
- McShay’s April 6th mock draft has Micah in Philadelphia at No. 12, while fellow ESPN employee and former Dolphins GM Mike Tannenbaum projects Parsons to Denver at 9.
- Daniel Jeremiah’s April 6th draft puts the linebacker in New England at 15.
- Pro Football Network’s latest simulation (April 11th) picked a new destination not yet seen in any mock draft, 17th to the Las Vegas Raiders.
- CBS Sports’ draft experts have updated their mock drafts. Ryan Wilson still has Parsons going to the Giants (Please), while Chris Trapasso joins PFN with his Raiders pick. Josh Edwards has the linebacker heading to New England, and Pete Prisco puts Parsons in Denver.
Jayson Oweh: 24th, 27th, 30th, 31st, 32nd, 58th
- Oweh is projected 58th to Baltimore in the second round by McShay.
- Jeremiah also has Oweh going to the Ravens, but in the first round at pick 27.
- Ryan Wilson of CBS Sports has Jayson going to Pittsburgh at pick 24 of the first round. Josh Edwards has Oweh going to Baltimore at 27, and Pete Prisco has another new destination: the 31st selection in Kansas City.
Pat Freiermuth: 25th, 33rd, 45th
- McShay, like Chad Reuter before him, has Freiermuth landing in Jacksonville at No. 45 in the second round.
- Pro Football Network’s new simulation still has Free Moose in Jacksonville, but in the first round at 25 after a trade with the Rams.
No new moves for either Shaka Toney or Michal Menet.
Oweh’s destinations are all over the place, with several new and unique destinations projected depending on the person/website. In general, I think early second round is a good spot for him. It’s also nice to see Pat getting some first-round love.