First, some football news:
Penn State’s defensive line looks to be strong again this season. (We here at BSD wrote these previews of the defensive ends and defensive tackles.)
- PJ Mustipher, Adisa Isaac, Fred Hansard, Nick Tarburton...lots of great athletes here. In particular, although Hansard has dealt with injuries, he has been productive when out there, so I’m looking forward to seeing him make some noise.
On the other side of the ball, the Nittany Lions’ projected second wideout is glad to have a full spring with Sean Clifford.
- BSD previewed the entire receiving room last week. I stand by my claim that this group could be the best on the team in terms of the depth of talent (although the #LawnBoyz should be sensational as well).
ICYMI-not terribly unexpected, but Zach Kuntz has found a new football home.
- It would be nice if Ricky Rahne figured out how to use Kuntz more. The tight end position was just too crowded for him at PSU.
Moving away from football, a softball pitcher pitched a purely perfect game (that’s what I’m calling it, anyway.).
- I love me some alliteration. Also, before anyone mentions it, I realize that softball is only seven innings-so it’s 21 versus 27.
- Also, in case you were wondering, the pitcher is not related to Phil Trautwein (He even tweeted about this)
No relation that I’m aware of but no matter what #Trautweins always stick together! Great game, @MeanGreenSB! https://t.co/o4lzCZAXUi— Phil Trautwein (@CoachTrautFB) April 12, 2021
Another year, another increase in room and board rates at Penn State.
- Disappointed, but not surprised.
Finally, ICYMI: this year’s spring football “practice” will not be televised, and only be available on radio.
- We at BSD are very surprised and disappointed. At least we get to listen to Steve and Jack?