As we get closer to the 2021 NFL Draft, taking place from April 29th until May 1st, let’s look at where our beloved former Nittany Lions are predicted to end up according to various gurus.
Draft sites used: ESPN (Kiper/McShay), NFL Network, CBS Sports, Pro Football Network, Sporting News, PFF
Italics denotes new pick selections
Micah Parsons: 7th, 9th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 15th, 17th, 21st, 29th
- Kiper’s April 13th mock draft has Micah going to Denver at 9. He also calls Parsons the “best outside linebacker in the class.” Why not “best linebacker” period, Mel?? Who in the heck is Mel Kiper, anyway? Bill Tobin’s with me.
- Meanwhile, here’s McShay’s list of team needs. Do you think your favorite team will take a Penn Stater?
- Charles Davis of NFL Network agrees with Kiper that Parsons ends up with Elway in the Mile High City. Micah is Davis’ “best linebacker on the board.”
- Pro Football Network’s Oliver Hodgkinson blesses the Giants with the linebacker at pick 11.
- Here’s a look at CBS Sports’ draft experts’ new draft projections for Parsons:
- Ryan Wilson: 17th to Las Vegas
- Chris Trapasso: 17th to Las Vegas
- Josh Edwards: 11th to the Giants
- Pete Prisco: 9th to Denver
Jayson Oweh: 24th, 27th, 30th, 31st, 32nd, 42nd, 58th
- Kiper has Oweh going 31st to the Chiefs, saying that he loves the athleticism and speed, but is worried about the lack of production (Right there with you this time, Mel). As a side note, Kiper mentions Dominique Easley as the only other FBS player to be drafted in the first two rounds without earning a sack in his final collegiate season. Remember when Easley was coming to Penn State? Anyway, good times.
- Charles Davis has the edge rusher going 27th to Baltimore in Davis’ April 16th mock draft.
- PFN’s Hodgkinson has Oweh falling farther than many, 42nd in the second round to...the Giants. I mean, I wouldn’t be furious, but I would also prefer him ending up in NY in the third or fourth round.
- Here are CBS Sports’ picks:
- Ryan Wilson: 31st to Kansas City
- Chris Trapasso: 42nd to the Giants
- Josh Edwards: 30th to Buffalo
- Pete Prisco: 31st to Kansas City
Pat Freiermuth: 25th, 33rd, 45th, 54th
- NFL Network’s Charley Casserly marks Freiermuth 25th to the Jaguars.
- Hodgkinson sends Pat to Urban Meyer as well, but in the second round, as does Ryan Wilson.
- CBS Sports’ Trapasso has Freiermuth 54th to Indianapolis.
Michal Menet is projected in the 5th round to Denver by Ryan Wilson (who spelled his first name wrong, incidentally). Shaka Toney, meanwhile, is tabbed for the defending Super Bowl Champions at pick 176.
I would be shocked if the Giants took both Oweh and Parsons, personally. Which of the two would you rather have on your team?
One more pre-draft look at the mocks next week!