First, some NFL news: A former Nittany Lion punter appears to have become the man at his position.
- Super excited happy for the Mullet Man.
- Was the last PSU punter in the league Jeremy Kapinos? I know he was on the Packers at one point...and apparently I forgot that he also played for the Jets, Colts, and Steelers (in the Super Bowl, no less.). It looks like three of them were drafted in the 1980’s-the only one of those three I’ve heard of is the legendary John Bruno. This was a fun rabbit hole Google search.
Turning to a defensive back who hopes to make it into the NFL...
.@JaquanBrisker has been named an @AP Preseason All-American #WeAre pic.twitter.com/mJdrHgFU7z— Penn State Football (@PennStateFball) August 25, 2021
- If Jaquan is as special as we think he’ll be, the secondary could be pretty stellar.
ICYMI, future Nittany Lions began their seasons last week.
- As an aside, it is crazy to think that we are nine days away from college football (no, like the one that we care about.).
Finally, the story of the week continues to be the Alliance.
- I can’t hear that term without thinking of this:
Dwight: Do you want to form an alliance, with me? Jim: Absolutely I do. #TheOffice pic.twitter.com/Y6o2pLUEpN— The Office Quotes (@Scranton_Quotes) December 18, 2013
I’m sure I’m not the only one, but it just seems a little comical at this point. Maybe it ends up meaning something down the line, but right now it’s as Clay said, “word salad.”