The Penn State Lady Lions have their third & FOURTH pieces of the 2022-23 non-conference schedule figured out. Slated for Wednesday Dec. 11th, Penn State will face the West Virginia Mountaineers in the BJC in a bragging rights rivalry. (This is MOST LIKELY a home-and-home series). Also, as of 2pm Fairfield's basketball team announced their non-conference schedule (which included a HOME game against Michigan). Their scheduled included a trip to the Bryce Jordan Center on Nov. 11th (Friday) just before the Maryland football game.
The Lady Lions are 25-6 with West Virginia all-time. Penn State's last played West Virginia 3/8/1991. This is the first Big 12 opponent for Penn State since PSU played Kansas State on a neutral court in the 2016-17 season. As for Fairfield, the last time PSU played the Stags was 11/22/2002. The Lions hold a 4-0 lead in the series. However, the Stags are coming off a NCAA Tournament birth and a 25-7 | 19-1 record. Given the fact that Michigan has agreed to play them on their home turf this year tells us that the Stags are likely going to still be a competitive force.
Currently, this is what we know about the Lady Lions Non-conference schedule:
- vs. Fairfield (Nov. 11) (MAAC)
- vs. Youngstown State (Nov. 14/15) (Horizon League)
- vs. Virginia (Nov. 30th) ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- vs. West Virginia (Dec. 11th) (Big 12)
- vs. Towson* (last year's return game of a home-and-home series was cancelled due to COVID, there is a possibility that the PSU game with Towson will be rescheduled to this season)